stitch

I only stitch on days that end in "y".







Friday, January 24, 2014

Brrrrrr!!

It's the Houston area Ice-pocolypse of 2014!  Now, I know for many of you, it's laughable.  (...and since I lived many years "up North", I have to agree somewhat).  But high temps in the 30's and frozen precipitation is pretty unusual for here and many people don't know how to drive in it.  Many schools (and some businesses) have closed for the day and people are pretty excited (especially the news media).

I was planning on hibernating today until I remembered my Friday am coffee group so off I went.  It wasn't all that bad here (we're about an hour south of Houston) but DH decided to wait a couple of hours before driving to Houston to work.  I'm thinking that was a wise decision.  I heard on the radio that the Houston police responded to >250 accidents before 9:30 am.  By the time DH got up to Houston, they had sanded the overpasses and the traffic was very light.

Austin must be experiencing similar weather.  U of Texas canceled classes for the day.  One of my student DS's texted me asking for a tomato sauce recipe.  He plans to make good use of the day to make lasagna for himself and some friends.

My comfort food of choice will be to make some baked ziti.

On the stitching front, I worked a bit this week on LHN's Elizabeth Hancock.  Samplers are my first love and I fell in love with this reproduction sampler the first time I laid eyes on it.  I'm using Belle Soire silks--love them!!!


I put a few stitches in Betsy's House but not enough to even take a progress picture.

I also started CCN's Sugar Plums from the 2009 JCS ornament issue.  I'd stitched this once before and made it into an ornament for an exchange but I wanted to stitch it again for me.



We have a pretty quiet weekend planned so I look forward to enjoying this cold weekend by staying in and stitching.

Stay warm!

Happy Stitching!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thinking and fingers crossed you and yours will stay safe and warm. We are cold up here in Central New York - but we are great at snow removal.

Thank you for sharing your stitching

Rita said...

Thank you! We're from "up North" and at least know how to drive in it. It goes away quickly too. Stay warm and safe!