stitch

I only stitch on days that end in "y".







Monday, August 3, 2020

Progress

It's too hot to do much outside here in SE Texas and, since we're trying not to leave the house very much (thanks to COVID precautions), I've been stitching a lot.  Actually I've been enjoying getting to stitch so much...it's like building all this stash over the years was preparation for sheltering in place!

We're both healthy but have heard of some family and friends who have either tested positive for COVID-19 or have had mild symptoms.  I hope and pray that this pandemic will go away soon...but I think it will be with us for a long while yet.  My fall stitching camp was cancelled as has the International Quilt Show that was to have been held in late Oct./early Nov.

My stitching priority was to finish the stitching on our son-in-law's stocking and send it out to Vonna, The Twisted Stitcher so she can have plenty of time to work her magic on it.  The design called for white buttons on the snowman but I thought black buttons would more resemble "lumps of coal" like in Frosty's song.  Besides, I had some black buttons here already that would work.  I wasn't sure I liked the design but it was the one I liked best from the rest of the series that I hadn't already stitched for them.  Once I finished, I found I really liked it.  Often the pictures on the designs don't do the designs justice and I think that's what happened with this one.

I need to figure out which stocking designs to stitch for our son and his girlfriend.  I figure by the time I chose/stitch the designs that it will be too late to get them done for this Christmas.



Next, I finished stitching the PS Santa that I want to mount in a cute sled frame I found at Kohl's last year.  (I really hope they have those sleds again this year because I think they'd make great gifts for my kids.)




I decided to stitch Strawberry House for a SAL with the Littlehouse Needleworks/Country Cottage eedleworks group on Facebook.  I was in a hurry to start this one and, since I didn't have the buttons or one of the floss colors, I made do from my stash.  (Isn't it nice to have a big enough stash to be able to do that?)  It was a fun, little stitch.  I'm not sure what I'll do with it but I'll think of something.


I decided that the occasion of my birthday and an approaching tropical storm/hurricane (It turned  and mostly missed us.) was a good "excuse" to start a new sampler.  I'd had Ann Pegg 1877 by The Scarlett House kitted up with floss for a couple of years but just hadn't started it.  Well!  I'm enjoying this one so much that I can hardly put it down!  I'm quite a bit further along that the pictures show after stitching last weekend.



In the spirit of finishing up some of my wips, I'm stitching a few floss lengths on BBD Home of the Brave.  When I picked it up the other day, I had already stitched the alphabet, the house, and a little more.  I've been working on the flag for a couple of days now.  I haven't taken a picture yet of that wip.

I've found myself watching a lot of Flosstube lately.  It can get me into trouble as I'm seeing lots of things I want to stitch.  If only I could figure out a way to function with no sleep!!

That's all for this time.

Happy stitching!







No comments: