stitch

I only stitch on days that end in "y".







Thursday, April 5, 2018

A Tale of Two Finishes and a WIP or Two

It's amazing how much stitching I can get done when I stay at home near my stitching lamp!

I was in the mood for some Easter stitching so stitched Easter Sampler by HIH.  Cute little bunny!



Next up is the former wip of LHN Autumn Band Sampler.  I love band samplers, the autumn motifs and the colors in this one!  I stitched 3 of the 4 models of these seasonal samplers and loved them so much that I'll eventually stitch all 4 for me to keep.  (I have 2 more to go.)



My Pink Sparrow Sampler is starting to behave and I'm enjoying stitching it now.  I really think I made those mistakes because I tried to stitch while distracted or tired.  Also the linen isn't the most even I've used and some of the threads/holes are much smaller than others.  Anyway, for now, we're friends again.


I'll be working on some models now so my personal stitching will slow down.  It's all good, though.

Another wip is a bathroom remodel.  Not unexpectedly, we've run into a few glitches but we're moving along.  This has needed to be done for a long time so we're glad to be getting it done now.  It's the first of 3 bathrooms that need updating.  It makes me appreciate all the more how calming it is to sit and stitch.

Happy stitching!




2 comments:

Cathy said...

Beautiful finishes! I love the colors in the Pink Sparrow Sampler.
Cathy

Rita said...

Thank you! It's not the color palette that I usually choose but I love the colors in this one.