stitch

I only stitch on days that end in "y".







Tuesday, March 20, 2018

On the Road Again

I just returned last week after 2 weeks of traveling.  I was in Philly for the first week visiting with my son and helping him out a bit while/after he had a minor surgery.  I think I needed to be there more than he needed me but I think he enjoyed being fed by mom.  (I also helped stock his freezer with some meals so he won't have  have to try to cook one-handed.)

While there, I experienced 2 Nor'easters, the first on "surgery day" and the second on travel day.  The first one blew down a big tree in Rittenhouse Square.  The second one complicated my travel but even after my flight being delayed, a ground stop, and a cancelled/rescheduled flight, I (and my luggage) made it to my destination only a couple hours late.  I was participating in a Fitbit Workweek challenge so I made good use of my waiting time walking in the terminal.  5 miles worth!





I finally arrived in San Francisco where my husband, who arrived there earlier picked me up at the airport.  (I got in late at night on a work night so, since he knows the way to the airport, we told DD and DSIL to go to bed instead of waiting up to pick me up.  It worked out well.

In San Francisco, we enjoyed visiting...and playing with our granddaughter.  The reason for our visit was to celebrate her 2nd birthday.  (I guess I have to stop calling her "the baby" now.)  One day while she was in day care, we took BART down to the Embarcodaro and walked up and down there, had lunch, and visited with the sea lions on Pier 39.  We also took a walk along the beach.





I didn't stitch at all while gone but have been working on LHN's Autumn Band Sampler since returning home.  I'd stitched the model for this one and wanted to stitch another one to keep.


DH's birthday is coming up and this year our DD and DSIL gave us tickets to see "Bright Star".  We went Sunday night and loved it..especially the music.





Happy stitching!


1 comment:

Karyn said...

Busy lady, Rita! I can totally relate to being there for your son's surgery, and I know he so loved having you there...even big boy's want their mommies in times of need. You are a good Mom.
OMG your granddaughter is 2! Happy Birthday...She is adorable and getting to be such big girl...they grow up fast! I can't wait for the arrival of our little baby girl in August <3
I love San Francisco and find a new treat to explore, every time I go. I hope you had some chowder with Sourdough Bread while you were there.
I'm sure it feels good to be home, and settled in after all of that travel and cold weather back east. My DS and DIL are due to get another 8-12 inches tonight...will it ever end?
Hugs