stitch

I only stitch on days that end in "y".







Friday, January 30, 2015

Friday update

Creative title, huh?  ;-)

I'm almost finished with the current model so hope to stitch my portion of a round robin, resume stitching Hetty Child, and start DD's wedding project, Bent Creek's "Flowers in the Springtime".

I also have all but the backstitching done on CEC Mitten Mitten for a CEC mitten sal (a very non-stress, year long sal).  I'm hoping to stitch enough of the mittens and then to finish them like real mittens with little hangers  for a mitten tree.  I don't think I'll "sign" them on the front but make little tags with my name and date to attach to the backing fabric.  We'll see.



I tried a new soup recipe from a recent issue of Real Simple magazine...a chicken and barley soup.  It called for using chicken thighs but I don't like dark meat so I used bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts.  It was pretty simple and quick to make and both DH and I like it better than my usual chicken soup that I make.

The weather has continued to be nice and warm here although it's cooling down today and we're expecting rain for the weekend.  They're prepping for some kind of construction at my walking track and had part of it fenced off.  It's sad to see something go up there but will be interesting to watch, I guess.

Happy stitching!

1 comment:

Deb said...

Your mittens are adorable!