stitch

I only stitch on days that end in "y".







Friday, April 19, 2013

Heartbreaking week

This week's events of the bombing in Boston (and the aftermath...I'm still glued to the news watching the unfolding events), the ricin letters, and the explosion at the fertilizer plant in West, Texas just breaks my heart.

 I will never understand the hate that flourishes in some people's hearts as to the man made/intended events.

I'm trying to focus on the good deeds/actions that come from so many after events such as this.  Really, when you think about it, there's so much more good in the world than the bad...both in the reactions to these events and also in day-to-day life.


Still, so many people are in my prayers today...the victims of the violent acts and the people affected by the accident in West.  So many people's lives will never be the same.

 I also pray for those whose hearts are filled with hate....that their hearts will soften.

On the stitching front....

Diane from Little House Needleworks released a model I stitched for her, Miss Peepers.  It was a FUN stitch and stitched up quickly:



You can also see it (along with other recent releases) here:

Little House Needleworks

I've also finished and sent another model so picked up my wip of LK A Good Marriage to stitch.



Another last....T's last band UIL competition was yesterday afternoon.  They did an amazing job and earned Sweepstakes for their concert and sight reading...the highest score possible.

I probably should get going on T's graduation piece.  Time's a'wastin'!  lol!

Happy stitching!

4 comments:

Barb said...

Great stitching projects!

cucki said...

Beautiful stitching xxx

Andrea said...

Wonderful stitching, so cute.

Poussy Stitches My Love said...

beautiful stitching !
bisous