stitch

I only stitch on days that end in "y".







Saturday, December 8, 2012

Progress and a couple of finishes

We've been having warmer than normal weather down here in SE TX...sometimes in the low 80's.  This girl from OH does NOT like this and wants it to cool down.  Harrumph!

I've made a bit of progress on the PS (Woodland) Santa.  I love how this piece is turning out. I've never met a Prairie Schooler Santa I didn't like.


I also, despite not feeling confident about it, "finished" 2 pieces.  The first is a Lizzie Kate for my DD who enjoys long distance bicycling.  She doesn't have much space in her city apartment so I thought this could be used hanging from a doorknob or cabinet pull.  I was trying to simulate handlebar streamers with the ribbons hanging from the bottom.  DD wore her hair long (and often in pony tails) when she was young so this reminded me of her.


I also participated in a small ornament exchange and since it was received yesterday, I can show it.

The pic I took:


....and on her tree:


I also finally cut my fabric for the LK Snow Friends sal.  Everyone else started stitching last month.  Hopefully I can get caught up.

I have some Christmas errands to catch up on today.  Hopefully I can get a lot done.

Everyone have a great week!!

Happy stitching!


6 comments:

Rita said...

I forgot to say but the ornament is from Glendon Place and in the 2012 JCS ornament issue. I left out the border.

cucki said...

hello dear very lovely stitching and beautiful ornaments..i love them all so much.
hugs xxx

Cathy said...

Your stitching is beautiful and I love the ornaments!
Cathy

Susieq said...

I think the ribbons look exactly like streamers, and your DD will love it. The ornament is beautiful and fits well on her tree.

Barb said...

Lovely stitching!! I do love the PS Santas!

Joy said...

LOVE the ornie for DD!! The streamers are perfect...great job! Lovely ornie exchange piece!