stitch

I only stitch on days that end in "y".







Sunday, October 18, 2020

Salem Remembered, Ann Pegg framed, WIPS, 2 Upcoming New Starts

 I did manage to finish stitching my Salem Remembered (Primitive Needle) piece but not sure how I'll eventually FFO it.



 

I picked up my Ann Pegg 1877 (The Scarlett House) and we finally remembered to go outside yesterday to get a beauty shot.  (I like to photograph them outside under natural light so I don't need a flash that would reflect off the glass.)  The framer told me this was the nicest needlework he's framed and further said he could hardly tell the difference between the front and the back.  It made me feel good.  I've printed off the lyrics to the hymn from which the "motto" (on the sampler came) and will put it on the back of the framed sampler along with my name, the name of the design, the designer, and the date I finished it.



I finished one of the models I've been stitching.  It has arrived "home" and the designer is happy with it.  Now I just have 7 more  models (one is small-medium sized and the others are small) to stitch.  So fun!


I've been working a bit this weekend on one of my pieces, J. M. Gardner by With Thy Needle and Thread.  It's a small sweet sampler and I'm enjoying it very much.



I'm joining a SAL starting Nov. 1 with one of my Facebook stitching groups.  We're all choosing a design by Carol Manning.  My choice is Ruby from her Shooting Star Collection.  I've gathered up my reds and will probably use a piece of fabric from my stash.



Another project I'd like to start is a turkey by Teresa Kogut that was in one of my stitching magazines.  (While looking for a picture online, I see that she's released it as a pattern since then.)  I'd gathered up the overdyed threads when it first came out but finally ordered some fabric for it today.




I feel like between all the Facebook stitching groups and watching Flosstube that I want to stitch "all the things".  I've also decided I should always have a sampler wip since there are so many I want to stitch.


Our city's water crisis is almost resolved but the county told us they found some mosquitos in their traps with West Nile virus.  Mosquito spraying has been more frequent.  There's so much ragweed pollen outside now that I can't spend much time outside anyway...although the weather has been gorgeous lately.  Oh well--more stitching time.

Stay safe and...

Happy Stitching

No comments: