stitch

I only stitch on days that end in "y".







Friday, September 18, 2020

Sampler September and New Toy

 I was almost sorry to finish Ann Pegg so started another sampler....then another.  Well, it IS Sampler September after all!


First to answer a question....I stitched Ann Pegg one strand over 2 (using called-for floss) on Flax Edinburgh 36 count linen.  I just started using this linen and really like it.


The first new sampler start is Red House Sampler by Brenda Keyes of The Sampler Company.  This one has been sitting kitted with floss in my stash for several years now and it's time has come.  I was thinking of changing the red but, in the end, just stayed with the called-for DMC flosses.




For my repro Sampler for Sampler September, I chose another one that's been in my stash for a while...JM Gardner by With Thy Needle and Thread.  I just worked on this one for a couple of days and already love it.



Alas!  The samplers will be playing second fiddle for a while because I'm model stitching again.  I'm enjoying model stitching as always though.

Happy mail:  Vonna Pfeiffer did her magic on Louis' stocking and it arrived last week.  They know I've been working on a stocking for Baby Callum but didn't know that I've stitched stockings for mom and dad too.  I'll send the three of them a little before Christmas so they can hang them up with our granddaughter's stocking that I made a few years ago.  That is, IF I can wait that long. 



My son and his GF hinted about stockings for them so theirs will be next.  I was having trouble deciding what style stockings to make so talked to them about it.  They will be Scandinavian-looking with white floss on red fabric.  I found one pattern I liked and then thought about how to make the other similar but not the same.  I decided to look for similar pattern repeats and plot it on the stocking size/outline of the design I have.  I think that should work out.


I've been thinking about getting a stand up paddleboard to use on our lake for some time but never found exactly what I wanted (that didn't involve borrowing a truck to go pick one up) and wondered if spending the money was a wise idea.  Then I got to thinking about how our traveling this summer is on hold because of COVID restrictions/precautions and thought I should really be enjoying the lake more.  Recently our neighbors' son (who lives across the lake) paddled over and I asked him about his board that looked like what I wanted.  Amazon!!  There was a little snafu with the delivery (Amazon customer service was superb!) and my board arrived on Monday.  I've been out on the "maiden journey" but haven't had the time to use it again.  I look forward to going for a paddle this evening.



Happy stitching (and paddling)!







No comments: