stitch

I only stitch on days that end in "y".







Monday, September 3, 2018

Model Stitching

Diane Williams of Little House Needleworks designed a series called Farmhouse Christmas.  A friend of mine stitched the models of the individual parts, another friend of mine finished them into adorable pillows, and it was my privilege to stitch the model for the large piece with all the parts and a border.  It's been a popular series (how could it not be?!).  Diane recently revealed the entire piece.  I'm seriously considering stitching it again for me to keep.



...and while I'm typing about model stitching...I've been trying to do a little stitching while still rehabbing my wrist/hand and I'm so pleased that I can do it well enough that I've started working on another model now.  I have to stitch in small amounts of time and get plenty of rest but I'm calling it "therapy" because it's helping stretch me in ways I need to be stretched.  It feels SO good to be able to stitch again.  I look forward to the day that this whole arm episode is a distant memory.  (I AM improving a little every day, just have a way to go yet.)

Happy stitching!

3 comments:

Terri Patillo said...

Rita, you're stitching is ALMOST as lovely as you are!

Rita said...

Thank you, Terri.

Honeybee said...

Gorgeous work, Rita! I'm so glad to hear your wrist is improving. Just be careful and don't overwork it. :O)