stitch

I only stitch on days that end in "y".







Thursday, June 29, 2017

What I Did on My Summer Vacation...Family Time at Yosemite, Neighborhood Excitement, Stitching

My family lives all over the US including my sister's and brother's family who live in HI.

My sister came up with an idea for some of us to meet up for a trip to Yosemite with some time in San Francisco too.  We'd never been there, so were excited to go.  The participants were my sister's family, my elderly parents, our DD and grandbaby, my brother-in-law's sister and 2 DD's, my DH and me.  We stayed in a suite near the park entrance.  It was what I'm calling a "Joyful Chaos" with many instances of "herding cats".  We all really enjoyed this special family time.

Everywhere we looked was so beautiful!  My BIL would often ask where we wanted to go and my response was that it didn't matter since everything there was so scenic.  One of my highlights was sitting on rocks up on Glacier Point to watch the sunset and the stargazing afterwards.
















I may have mentioned a new house being built in our neighborhood.  It's huge and they're also putting in an infinity pool.  DIY/HGTV has been filming the pool building for their show Pool Kings and it was announced today that their episode will air on DIY on July 17 at 8 pm Central time.  This has been the excitement of our lake neighbors for the past few months and we'll be glad to see it on TV.


On the stitching front, I finished and mailed off the models before the trip so now I'm back to personal stitching.  Some friends and I are going to do a loose sal of LHN Elizabeth Hancock (Liz, as I call her) working 1-2 days per week on that one.  (I'd started Liz a while back but put it down to stitch other things.)  I started PS 12 Days 7 Swans but wasn't in the mood to stitch all that white right now so started 8 Maids a Milking.  I'm also working on a small patriotic piece for another sal (themed celebrations).

Here's Liz at my current starting point:





I'm also registered for Camp Gottastitch 2017 and am looking forward to it.  I attended last year and had a blast.

Happy stitching!








No comments: