stitch

I only stitch on days that end in "y".







Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Just Chatting

We've been out "galavanting" a bit lately and since I'm model stitching, I don't have any stitching I can show.

A couple of weekends ago, we went hiking at Enchanted Rock in the Hill Country of Texas.  (One of our sons went with us.)  We planned well because the Texas wildflowers were in full bloom.  What a show!  I saw my first roadrunner (luckily no sign of Wylie Coyote!). The hike wasn't too strenuous although the last push to the top of the rock was a little challenging for me, anyway.

 The next morning we went with said son and another to brunch before returning home.












We just returned last night from a long weekend visiting our oldest son who recently moved to Philadelphia.  I'd never been so, in addition to seeing our son, I was pleased to get to see some of the sights in Philly.  (We saved some things to do/see for our next visits.)  We learned about Yards beer, that Philadelphians seem to like oldies music (we heard it in several places we went including the airport), that Philly drivers like to honk their horns, how to navigate their train system to and from the airport and city,  and that Philadelphia is the 5th largest city in the USA.  Also, we tried cheese steak....yummm!







One stitching note is that we found a display of Adam and Eve samplers at the Philadelphia Museum of Art.  Wow!

Happy stitching!

No comments: