stitch

I only stitch on days that end in "y".







Saturday, March 18, 2017

Our St. Pat's Dinner and a Couple of Finishes...and a Model

If we're home, I like to make a dinner with corned beef, cabbage, and potatoes.  The best part is the Reubens the next day from the leftover corned beef.  (Although when our kids lived at home, often there wouldn't be enough leftovers for more than one sandwich.)

This year I made the corned beef in the crock pot with some beef broth, carrots, and onions.  I made colcannon (mashed potatoes with cooked shredded cabbage, lots of butter, milk, salt and pepper) and I tried making a new recipe of shortbread that incorporated some ground up oatmeal (in homage of my SIL's native Scotland).

The results were very good and we're looking forward to the Reuben sandwiches for tonight's dinner.



My friend came over the other day to stitch so, instead of working on the new model, I finished 2 French Hens and started 4 calling birds from the Prairie Schooler's 12 Days of Christmas leaflet.  I'm stitching these to be finished as ornaments and it's a sal theme in an ornament a month group.  (I was so close to finishing the calling birds that I finished them last night...will work intensively on the model from here on out.)



I don't think I posted about CCN releasing the last model I stitched...Lovebirds  It's a cute one and worked up quickly.



Happy stitching!

3 comments:

Mary's Thread said...

Delicious looking dinner! And Lovely stitching! I love the calling bird especially!

Kaisievic said...

Oh, Lovebirds is gorgeous as is your PS stitching. I love to cook corned beef, too - yum, yum!

Melinda Forbes said...

Love Birds is very pretty. It looks as if it is a fun stitch. Dinner looks great and I do love leftovers