stitch

I only stitch on days that end in "y".







Friday, January 20, 2017

Friday Progress, Stitcher's ADD, and Inauguration Day

This week, I've been working on LHN's Adam and Eve.  I've had it kitted up with floss for a while and finally started it.

  I discovered I'm missing one of the overdyed flosses (I probably "borrowed" it for another project) so decided to order it online.  Since I didn't want to pay postage for just one skein of floss, I decided to order something else.  I remembered that I'd been wanting to order fabric for LHN's Sheep Virtues so I debated with myself (again!) whether I wanted to stitch them on one piece of fabric or individually.  I ordered a big enough piece of fabric to do it either way (either all on one or 6 of them individually) so I deferred that decision.  (I'm leaning toward doing them individually and finishing them with Vonna's (The Twisted Stitcher) technique after watching her tutorial again.

Then...I saw one of the CCN designs that I wanted was on sale so I ordered that one too.

(I still want to order overdyes for a couple other projects.)

(I also want to stitch stockings for my grandbaby, daugher, and son-in-law and am still deciding which ones.)

It looks like I'll be busy stitching in 2017 without even pre-planning.

Back to Adam and Eve...One of my groups is doing an alphabetical sal project this year.  This month is ABC, so I decided Adam and Eve would work for it.  A LHN group is doing a Monday sal of LHN designs so it works for that too.

That same group is doing a sal of the current freebie at the Cross-Eyed Cricket website annnnnd another group is doing a CEC mitten sal this year so another two-fer.  I'm a little unhappy with the tension on some of the thumb so I may frog it out and restitch.






As an American, whomever we supported for President, we have to be humbled and grateful at our ability to transfer the power peacefully.  I pray for our leaders, our country, and our world as we go through this transition.  No matter who the leaders are, we individual citizens can make positive impacts on the world by treating one another with respect and compassion.  With all the bitterness expressed lately, I truly hope we can all improve on that.








Happy stitching!

No comments: