stitch

I only stitch on days that end in "y".







Friday, January 8, 2016

Calendar Girls Back on Track

Well, not exactly.  I started November and didn't get Dec. started but decided instead to try to start January and stitch each month's appropriate month and then get caught up again.  I'm almost finished with January:






Crochet is taking up some of my stitching time.  I dug out my babies' baby afghan (My mom crocheted it for the first baby.  It has a little channel on the edges in which to weave in a ribbon.  Our DD's was pink but I took it out to weave in a blue one for our boys.)  to compare the size with the one I'm working on for our grandbaby (expected to arrive in March) and I've got a few more rows before it will be "finished".  Now I just have to figure out how to finish off that last bit of yarn when I get to the end.  I'm SUCH a beginner at this!

Next, I want to choose a Christmas stocking to stitch for her.  I may have mentioned it before, but my tentative plan is to stitch 2 of the same one, one for our house and one for hers.  We'll see how that goes.  I also have a birth sampler picked out so I need to get that going too.  (Also since DD and DSIL just moved into their first house, I want to do either a welcome or home sweet home piece for them.)

It sounds like all that will keep me busy.

I have a few small sal things to stitch as well and think I've decided what to stitch for them too.

I'd like to stitch a big sampler this year as well and think it will Hannah Lancaster.

I'm plodding along repacking the Christmas decorations.  I piled most of it on my dining room table.  What a mess!  I like to repack it in a certain way and it takes a long time.  I'm making progress though and hope to have it completed by the end of the weekend.








Happy stitching!

2 comments:

cucki said...

Beautiful calendar girl..I love her x

Katya said...

Calendar girl looks lovely.
Good luck with cleaning up "Christmas mess". Have a good weekend.