stitch

I only stitch on days that end in "y".







Monday, November 17, 2014

Brrrr!!

After living in Gulf Coast Texas for 13 years, I've officially become a winter wimp.  I know from living all those years in OH and MI that temperatures in the high 30's aren't really cold but.....it's very humid here so my story (and I'm sticking to it) is that it feels colder in this humidity.  So there!  ;-)

I braved the "frigid" temps today for my 3 mile walk and discovered that the winds last night that brought the current cold front here blew down a big tree near the jogging path.  It's no wonder it blew down--you might be able to see from the photo that it's almost hollow.





There are a lot of pecan trees around the path and also in the field in the middle.  I saw several people out picking up pecans that the wind had blown down.  One woman had 2 Walmart bags full!

It was a dreary, drizzly weekend here, perfect for hanging around the house watching football, stitching, and reading.  I worked a bit on a freebie of Barbara Ana's called Silent Night:

It has 2 color options for some of it and I haven't yet decided so I'm stitching the parts where there's just one color choice before deciding on the rest.  I'll get back to model stitching during the week days this week.  I'm almost on the home stretch of the model.  I'm enjoying stitching it.

I won a contest from Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe for some of her beautiful floss.  What a treat!  As you can see from my other recent blog entries, she's running a series of contests for the 25 Days of Christmas.  She has lots of beautiful designs, floss, fabric, and other hand dyed goodies.

Yesterday afternoon, I intended to read about an hour and then do other things but I got so into the book (Gone Girl) that I read all afternoon and most of the evening. I should be able to finish it soon. Wow!  I'd like to see the movie but wanted to read the book first.

Happy stitching!!




1 comment:

Joyce Clark Frank said...

After living in Texas for 13 years, you have joined we Texans.
Congratulations on your win. I have won some of her floss and trims in the past and love it.
Maybe again this year, I will be lucky.
Always enjoy seeing what you are stitching on.
stay warm.