stitch

I only stitch on days that end in "y".







Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remembering.....

Has it really been 10 years since that awful day?  I remember it like it was yesterday. I pray for all those who lost loved ones and for all us Americans whose lives were forever changed.  While we mourn all we have lost, let us learn how to live with one another in peace.

This song keeps running in my head as I watch the remembrances on tv this week:

This is my song, O God of all the nations,
a song of peace for lands afar and mine.
This is my home, the country where my heart is;
here are my hopes, my dreams, my holy shrine;
but other hearts in other lands are beating
with hopes and dreams as true and high as mine.

(lyrics by Lloyd Stone, Georgia Harkness, music by Jean Sibelius)










3 comments:

Cathy said...

Lovely patriotic finishes!

Margaret said...

Oh my! So many beautiful patriotic pieces! Wonderful! I still have a hard time when 9/11 comes around. Such a sad day.

Rita said...

Thanks for teh compliments.