stitch

I only stitch on days that end in "y".







Saturday, June 6, 2020

It's Been a While

It's been a while since I've updated this blog.

We'd planned a 6-day trip to visit our daughter's family (and celebrate our granddaughter's 4'th birthday) starting March 10.  Thanks to COVID19 and the lockdowns, we opted to stay a "bit" longer, thinking it would only be another week or two.  It ended up as a total of 9 weeks there!  We ended up celebrating a total of 3 birthdays, Easter, and Mother's Day there.  Our daughter and son-in-law were trying to work from home with a 4 year old and a one-year old (He turned one while we were there.) and we served as "Grandma and Grandpa's On-site Day Care".  It was a blessing to get to spend so much time with them but they wore us out!

It was interesting living out of a suitcase for that long.  We are grateful to be able to order things we needed and have them delivered...toiletries, prescribed medications, etc.

I didn't take much stitching with me but I wouldn't have had the time or energy to do much stitching anyway.

Vonna, The Twisted Stitcher, contacted me while I was gone that she'd FFO'd the two Bent Creek stockings I'd sent her.  Since I had no idea at the time when I'd be home, I asked her to send them to me at our daughter's house.  As always, Vonna did a terrific job!  I have one more stocking to go and I'll be finished with their family's stockings.  (Then I have to choose and stitch stockings for our oldest son and his girlfriend as they've requested.  I'd planned to choose and start stitching them as soon as the 6-day trip was over but....they might not be done until next year now.)

I stitched a model while I was gone and I'm working on another one now.  In addition, I stitched a little patriotic piece by Barbara Ana and I'm working on Baby It's Cold Outside by Heartstrings Samplery and True Virtue, a sampler from an old JCS issue that I found while looking for something else in my wip pile.




 As usual, I have lots of things I want to stitch, both wips and new starts.  I'll never be bored, that's for sure!

Be well and....

Happy stitching!

1 comment:

Janet D. said...

I love the color changes you made to CCNs Liberty Lane. In checking older posts I was unable to find out what colors you used. Can you let me know what colors were used on your project?