stitch

I only stitch on days that end in "y".







Thursday, February 20, 2020

Another Finish!

Autumn Alphabet by The Scarlett House.  My good friend was stitching this when we were at Camp Gottastitch last fall.  Another friend suggested changing the pumpkin color from an orange to GAST oatmeal.  I liked it so much, I shamelessly "borrowed" her idea.  This was stitched with one thread over 2 on 36 count linen.  On the pumpkin, I stitched vertically following the curve of the pumpkin.  I'm pleased with how this turned out.



I'm so happy to have so many finished in a row thanks to finishing up some wips that only had a small left to stitch.

Next up (aside from Melicent Turner sampler I already started) will be a birth "sampler" for our grandson.  My goal is to finish/frame this in time for his 1st birthday in May.  It took me a long time to decide which design to stitch for him.

Happy stitching!

3 comments:

Cathy said...

This is so pretty! Love that white pumpkin! Another one going on the wish list!

Kaisievic said...

Oh, my goodness, that white pumpkin is gorgeous! Great finish.

Rita said...

Thank you! I really enjoyed stitching this one...and it went so fast with the repeats on the border. I also stitched the edge lines on the sides of the pumpkins and just followed them so not much counting once they were stitched.