stitch

I only stitch on days that end in "y".







Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Happy New Year and Aloha!

We started 2018 with a trip to visit with family (and meet DD's family) in Hawaii.  (If I only knew that all it took for DH to want to go there was to get DD to ask him if we could meet them there, I'd have tried this a long time ago!)

Both my brother and sister and their families live on Oahu so we enjoyed visiting with them too.

Hawaii is SO beautiful!  We enjoyed hanging out with the family at their houses, the pool, and the beaches and we also went on a few hikes (Diamond Head, Lanikai Pillbox, Makapuu-- where we saw a whale) and walked around Waikiki.  We even found an LNS, Fiddlesticks Too!

Our last Sunday there my brother suggested we go to some realtor open houses.  lol!

Diamond Head Hike




Lanikai Pillbox Hike




Makapuu Lighthouse Hike



Brother, Sister, and Me


Catching the waves on boogie boards:


Visit to Fiddlesticks Too:


Beach:


Pool Time (on Kaneohe Bay) with my Niece and Nephew:


More Beach Time with our Granddaughter:


Playtime at my sister's house:



Since returning home, I finished stitching LK's Fa la la la la ornament from Tiny Tidings XII.  I need to either order some music note charms to finish it...or leave it as is.


We're already talking about going back again!  Hopefully sooner rather than later.

After returning home, I ordered fabric for Miss Lucy Calcutt 1825.  Now I'm deciding whether to use the DMC floss listed or sub some GAST instead.  Hopefully I'll decided soon and get started on this beauty.

Happy stitching!


2 comments:

Honeybee said...

Looks like a great trip! It's always so great to find an LNS when you're on vacation!

Cynthia said...

Rita, loved seeing your photos of your trip to Hawaii. I have a friend who lives there and she is almost a fixture at Fiddlesticks. I believe they recently moved into the current shop. She wants me to come some February when they have their retreat.

Glad you had a great time.