stitch

I only stitch on days that end in "y".







Sunday, May 22, 2016

Wedding Piece finished and framed!

I'll have to check with the Guinness world records people but I think we may have set some kind of record for stitching and framing a piece of cross stitch.  I say "we" because my husband, I, and my framer all had a hand in it.

DH suggested a week+ ago that I stitch something for our neighbors/friends' 50th wedding celebration.  (Their kids are throwing them a party next weekend.)  I quickly stitched something from LK Make it Personal, finished on Friday afternoon, and took it to my framer.  I told him the situation, he helped select the moulding, and he finished framing before his shop closed that afternoon.  (I love him!  He has a great eye in choosing the right mouldings, does wonderful and fast work, and is very reasonably priced.)

I feel so good that this is finished on time!  We'll be unable to attend the party so I told a mutual friend about it, asking if she could make sure they get it.  Not only will they get it, but this friend is helping decorate for the party and she says she'll use it as party of the decorations.



Now I'm working on a model which I'm really enjoying.  I hope to finish it soon and then I'll probably get back to the sampler I showed last time.  I'm really behind on some sal blogs too so I'll need to get going again on those.  So much to stitch--so little time! 

Happy stitching!

3 comments:

Mii Stitch said...

What a sweet little sampler!! Looks lovely, a great memento too :)

suzanne said...

You did a nice fast job on that. I have several LK wedding type charts (and a couple Heart in Hand) and have yet to stitch any. Oh, and New granddaughter�� so awesome! Congratulations on your family's many successes!

Rita said...

We were out of town and missed their party but I saw them yesterday and they loved it. Mission accomplished!