stitch

I only stitch on days that end in "y".







Friday, December 12, 2014

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree

I worked on decorating 3 Christmas trees this week.  (Well, if you don't count the little ceramic tree, the already decorated tabletop tree in the main bathroom, and the little wire tree.)  I added the third tree this year that I bought on sale after Christmas last year for the entry.  I had so many snowmen ornaments that I decided to theme that one:


I thought I might have to go out to buy more snowman ornaments but, as it turns out, I already had plenty.  The topper is a snowman made from plant pots.  I also added some crochet snowflakes made by my late Grandma.  She was so talented!

I also found a little snowman to hang off the front door's doorknob and today while at the thrift shop, I found a wooden snowman bowl to add to the snowman "collection":





Dining room tree:


The angel on this one was made by my sister-in-law for my first baby.  I put it on each of my kids' cribs so I think of it as their "guardian angel".  The tree skirt is a latch hook one that I did many years ago.  It's all bunched up because our dog likes to mess with it.

Living room tree (a 9-footer this year):


The crochet angel on top was another of my late Grandma's creations.

Of course, one can never have enough ornaments so I vow next year to "finish" some of the many cross stitch ornaments I have done or received over the years.

I finished and mailed off the model so I was able to stitch and finish a little freebie from Lori Brechlin for the Prim Stitchers Society Facebook group.  It's called "Sleighbells":


Our church choir's cantata is this Sunday.  We've had 3 rehearsals for that in addition to the little Faith band rehearsal.  I've been drinking a lot of tea to take care of my throat.

I'm still doing some shopping but almost finished.  On to cookie baking!  It seems I work off a daily list these days.

Happy stitching!


4 comments:

Andrea said...

Beautiful trees. Love the ornament finish.

Rita said...

Thank you, Andrea!

Karen said...

Love all your trees!

AnaCristina said...

I love Christmas Tree!