We've had some absolutely gorgeous weather here for the last few days. I'm trying to drink it in because soon enough it will be way too hot and humid. My walking buddy is out of town but I've managed to motivate myself to keep up my 3-mile walks this week except for one day when I was a slacker.
I've made progress this week on my Village Square Sampler. I got the biggest part of the inner border finished as was overjoyed to see everything "met up" the way it was supposed to. Hopefully it will turn out that way when I get the outer border stitched up.
I also stitched just a bit on ALTWL. I'm devoting some time on Wednesdays to work on this one along with some stitching buddies who are working on the same project. I've played around with the colors on this one just a bit. I was a bit too tired to think much about counting so since I'm playing around with the idea of making the outline of the "boxes" in rows of red, white, and blue, I just worked on getting some of the boxes stitched. The jury's still out about the colors of the boxes. I hope to finalize a decision before many more are stitched...esp. if I decide to frog them out.
I saw a sampler on others' blogs last week that I instantly fell in love with. I didn't have a chance....bought it the same day. It's an antique repro called Marianne Wenn and available for purchase as a downloadable pdf from Needleprints...if I remember correctly on their blog.
I hope to soon be working on another model. From the description from the designer, it sounds like I'm really going to like this one.