stitch

I only stitch on days that end in "y".







Saturday, October 3, 2020

Model Stitching so Not Much to Share...and 2020 Strikes Again

 I can't believe it's already October!  You'd think with less travelling and group activities during COVID precautions that time would seem to go more slowly.  That hasn't been the case largely due to my watching more Flosstube and getting excited about stitching "all the things".


I'm also busy model stitching so I don't have much to show.  I did pull out my years-long wip of Salem Remembered by Primitive Needle and started PS Miss Fortune to stitch when I give myself some time off the models.  I really enjoy having something seasonal to stitch during the actual season whether I finish or not that particular year.  

For Salem Remembered, I'd waited on buying the third silk floss needed for it and find now that it's not being dyed anymore.  I have some silk in my stash that will work though although it might not be exactly what the designer had in mind.  I may even finish this project this year!




Just last night I started PS Miss Fortune.




Our most recent 2020 challenge is that our city's water system is contaminated with naegleria fowleri (aka a brain-eating amoeba).  Tragically, a local little boy died from it last month.  While we're dealing with the big inconvenience of using bottled water and boiling water before using (and being very careful when showering not to splash any in our noses), we have nothing to complain about when we think of that poor family who lost their child.  We're learning a lot about municipal water systems and the amoeba now.  Our city and state is working hard to find/fix the source, flush out and eradicate the amoeba in the water system  (and also providing bottled water at a drive-through POD) and we hope it's cleared sooner rather than later.  (Could take 60 days, give or take.)  


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naegleria_fowleri


Ann Pegg is still at the framer's.  I think I'll give him a call Monday in case he got busy and forgot to call/text me that she's done.


Be well and......


Happy Stitching!




No comments: